Tankless water heaters have come long way in terms of power saving and environment protection. The demand for traditional style of heater systems where water heaters needed a tank type outlet is reducing slowly. It is because of the various advantages of tankless water heaters. Before purchasing a tankless water heater, you must consider the features below:
Hot water: Tankless water heaters get you hot water whenever you need. You will not have to any longer store the pre heated water and then wait for some time to see the hot water pouring from the tap.
Cost effectiveness: Cost is one of the main reasons why most people are hesitant to switch to advanced tankless water heaters. But, what if you get something in your budget? Would you still hold on to those long waiting periods of hot water? Consider the price of the model and product you are paying for. Tankless water heaters give you hot water only when needed rather heating the water in the large tank and storing it for future usage. In short, this saves on your utility bill.
Water heater bill: This cannot be checked unless you actually use it, but there are ways to look at it at the time of purchase too. Check with your vendor on the thermostat settings. Check on your AC usage in the house before you blame the water heaters for the increased electricity bill.
Gas or Electric water heater: There are different types of tankless water heaters than run on gas or electricity. Gas water heaters heat water faster and save more on utility bills. Choosing the right size of water heater also helps to a great extent as it depends on the galloons of hot water you may wish to heat for your dishwashing, shower, tub, and sink usage.
Lower Your Utility Bill by Using These Tankless Water Heaters:
There are various models online that you may wish to compare based on size, price, energy consumption, and features. You may wish to check our options in EcoSmart ECO 27 (27 KW at 240 Volts), Eemax EEM 24018 Tankless Water Heater, Marey ECO150 (220V/240V), and some more with excellent reviews.
In order to save more on the utility bill of your tankless water heaters, following are the tips to save more money;
- Take showers of shorter durations. Spending too much time in the shower may also increase your hot water usage.
- Keep the temperature of your water heater always to 120˚F. This can help you save 3 to 5 percent on your heating costs.
- Stop running the water when not needed. It happens by most of us especially while brushing teeth or while applying a face mask. Those additional minutes wastage can waste your utility bill on the tankless water heater too!
- Always switch to cold water for laundry and washing unless there are certain clothes where you need warm water to wash those.
- Get the leakages fixed to avoid any sort of hot water wastage. It happens with mostly tankless instant water heaters if not fixed on time.